In response to the recent Covid-19 (Corona Virus) outbreak, we have reviewed our hygiene policy and procedures. Below are details of some of the changes we will be implementing in the clinic:
What We Are Doing
- The team have increased our focus and diligence regarding cleaning and sanitising high-touch areas of the clinic.
- Hand sanitiser will continue to be located at reception. It is now a condition of entry that hand sanitiser is used upon entry to the clinic. Masks can be provided upon request.
- As a precaution, we will be asking patients if they have recently travelled overseas and if they are experiencing any signs or symptoms of cold or flu.
- We will not be treating any patients who have travelled overseas within the last 14 days, been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to the Covid-19 virus or patients who are showing signs or symptoms of cold or flu.
- Longer times in between appointments have been scheduled.
- You may opt for a telephone appointment if you prefer.
How You Can Help
- Please wash and/ or sanitise your hands before your appointment; Hand sanitiser has been placed in reception for your use.
- If you are feeling unwell and are experiencing any cold or flu symptoms or signs, we ask that you postpone your appointment, and take extra care of yourself, seeking further medical advice if you are unsure.
- If you have recently travelled overseas, please inform reception.
- Only the patient herself will be permitted in the rooms. Unfortunately, no relatives or children.
- Please feel free to wear a mask if you feel more protected.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.